Chris Hansen’s Resumé
I am a marketing and communications professional with strong management skills related to website development, print and web-based marketing and publishing, arts administration, tourism and the outdoor industry, in both the for- and non-profit sectors.
Twist of Lime
Owner ( April 2008 – present)
Twist of Lime is a marketing and communications agency based in Wilson, Wyoming. I focus on website development, marketing services, content management, and project management of web-based projects. Focus of services is on online marketing — including email and social media — project management, consultation and seminars.
- 1% for the Tetons
- Community Safety Network
- Game Creek Ranch
- Grand Teton National Park Foundation
- Jackson Hole News&Guide
- Jackson Hole Writers Conference
- Mercedes Huff & Associates
- Snake River Brewing
- Teton County Education Foundation
- Teton County School District
- Teton Raptor Center
Publications Director (January 2007 – April 2008) Responsible for overseeing Circumerro’s publishing division, including management of print and production schedules, editorial, art direction and sales of annual print publications, as well as management of editorial content for all online publications and creation of marketing copy and materials.
Print publications include:
Online publications include:
Specific Duties include:
- Working with staff to create and manage editorial content for all print and online publications.
- Manage multiple blogs across the Locale network.
- Creation and management of JacksonHoleTraveler.com blog (pending)
- Management and copy-writing of marketing materials for all Circumerro products and services.
Center for the Arts
Communications Director (January 2004 – January 2007) Responsible for all aspects of communications and marketing of new, multi-tenant community art center in downtown Jackson, Wyoming.
• Hired as first communications director and tasked with creating and implementing new communications and marketing strategies.
• Developed and maintained all aspects of tools for communicating with resident organizations, board, staff, donors, community, other arts organizations, etc.
- quarterly printed donor newsletter
- bi-weekly email newsletter
- Web site (www.jhcenterforthearts.org)
- print, Web and direct mail advertising
- press releases, etc.
- Refined and maintained current brand identity.
- Developed and implemented marketing strategies to support many phases of a multi-year, $35 million capital campaign.
- Managed creation and design of all marketing and branding aspects of major Center fundraiser (Art Ball & Auction), including direct-mail collateral, print advertising, auction program, event signage, etc.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining annual marketing department budget.
- Began developing marketing program for new theater and performing arts center.
- Managed wayfinding and donor signage projects for both building phases of the Center for the Arts project
Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce
Marketing Manager (July 2002 – January 2004) Responsible for implementing tourism marketing program, promotion of chamber services and other duties; specifically:
- produce www.flyjacksonhole.com and www.jacksonholechamber.com Web sites
- establish yearly direct mail and e-mail marketing programs
- schedule, staff and attended consumer and tourism industry trade shows
- produce in-market-specific VIP receptions
- coordinate all cooperative print advertising
- helped with establishment of chamber brand identity and maintain integrity of brand through all aspects of marketing
- hands-on production of all aspects of The Chamber News (the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce newsletter) including, thematic research, editorial assignments, copy-writing and editing, photo management, and layout and design.
- Responsible for creating and managing annual marketing budget.
Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce
Communications Manager (January 2001 – July 2002); responsible for handling all aspects of communications between the Chamber of Commerce and its members, local and regional business communities, and local, regional, national and international media and travel trade representatives.
- writing regular press releases of Chamber events and programs
- organizing and attending market-specific media/PR functions
- scheduling and hosting travel writers and tour operator familiarization tours
- archiving images, creating and maintaining image library both manually and digitally
- general go-to guy
Other Personal and Employment Experience
Blogger: MarketGreener.com; (2007 – present); emphasis on green marketing and sustainable business practices. Well-versed in regular blogging and the set-up and maintenance of a WordPress content-managed blog.
Freelance Writer; (1994 – present); emphasis on the outdoor industry and outdoor activities, focusing on gear reviews and how-to articles. Areas of interest include backcountry skiing and snowboarding, ski and snowboard maintenance and repair, backpacking, paddling, and mountaineering and climbing.
- NewWest.net snowblogger (www.NewWest.net/snowblog) from fall 2007 – present; blogging several times weekly on the issues and happenings in and around the snow-sliding community of Jackson Hole.
- Northwest correspondent for Transworld Snowboarding Business magazine from 1995-1999; “Tech” columnist for Snowboarder magazine from 1996 – 1998; gear editor and tester, and
- Regular technical contributor to Snowboarding Online (now a part of Transworld Snowboarding) magazine from 1995-1998.
- Articles published in: Powder, Snowboarder, Transworld Snowboarding, Transworld Snowboarding Business, Snowboard Life, Snowboarding Online, Skireview.com, Snowboardreview.com, and SnowRyder magazines.
Leadership Jackson Hole Graduate
(2002 – 2003); Participated in and graduated from the year-long Leadership Jackson Hole program which included training from Trustee Leadership Development’s “Discovering the Leader Within” program, along with exposure to and and participation in civic, non-profit, business and governmental leadership training sessions.
(1998 – 2001+); Journeyman carpenter experienced in building fundamentals from framing to finish, including contracting and building management. Intricately involved in building my own home and have contracted other projects since.
- Patno/Barret Construction in Jackson, Wyoming; July 1999-January 2001; 307-733-9443; general carpentry.
- Terrazign industrial design firm in Portland, Oregon; December 1998-July 1999; 503-238- 3828; General carpenter and installation technician.
Other work experience includes: retail sales experience in outdoor retail shops specializing in everything from climbing and mountaineering to ski and snowboard to paddling equipment and accessories; maintenance of above equipment including ski tech at several ski shops; ski, snowboard and paddling instruction (various certification levels); Vermont Ski Safety Western Tour Ski Mechanics Workshop instructor (1996);
- Marketing consultant for online and “green” marketing practices.
- Blogger with experience in setting up and maintaining a WordPress blog.
- Major marketing projects supporting multi-phase, six-year, $35 million capital campaign to build the Center for the Arts in downtown Jackson, Wyoming.
- Key staff member in creation and implementation of Center for the Arts premiere, million-dollar-plus fundraising event: the Art Ball & Auction.
- Managed creation and upkeep of www.jhcenterforthearts.org.
- Published freelance writer in the outdoor and tourism industries.
- Helped create and implement new Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce marketing program, including establishment of new brand identity.
- Redesigned The Chamber News, Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce newsletter.
- Skilled carpenter.
- Past board member of Jackson Hole Film Institute
- Past board member and president of Wilson Meadows Homeowners’ Association Board of Directors
- Graduate of Leadership Jackson Hole class of 2003
- Past member of Center for the Arts marketing steering committee
- Past member of Center for the Arts’ Cultural Tourism steering committee (2002)
- Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce Special Recognition Award 2001 for exceptional staff accomplishments
Skills and qualifications
- Strong oral communication, personal relations and teamwork skills; one-on-one, in a group, and in a leadership position.
- Web-savvy with working knowledge of online marketing, social media and public relations; firm understanding of website architecture and familiarity with many website content management systems (CMS) and html code.
- Ability to manage a project; assess, organize and execute multiple tasks.
- Exceptional writing, copy-editing and page layout skills.
- Fluent in word processing, page-layout and graphics programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, InDesign, Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator; Internet savvy; and comfortable on both Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Marketing and PR experience in real estate, tourism and outdoor industries as well as non-profit organizations.
- Retail sales and wholesale purchasing experience and technical knowledge of outdoor hard and soft goods including but not limited to snowboards, Nordic and alpine skis (and maintenance thereof), boots and boot fitting, cycling, paddle-sports, backpacking and mountaineering equipment and apparel.
- Fully certified PSIA snowboard instructor; Level II PSIA XCD instructor.
BA in Journalism from University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication (1994); emphasis on magazine writing and publication and broadcast journalism; minor in English literature.
…available upon request.